History is something that has continually peaked my interests since I was a young child, with museums being my ultimate favourite place to spend the day. As I grew up, I was fortunate enough to travel often, and after hours of persuading my parents to visit different historical sites, I got a large amount of hands on historical learning. In high school, studying social studies was not exactly what I had in mind for my enthusiastic learning of history. These classes were long and boring, with topics that I already knew about or just didn’t have an interest to learn about. Going into University, I was unsure what to expect in my history classes. I was aware that history was something that was extremely thrilling to me, but was university courses something that was going to help me expand my historical horizons? Looking back on the semester, the answer is yes. I was enrolled in two first year history classes. The topics of these classes did not sound exactly appealing for the type of history that I was enthusiastic about, and little did i I know how interesting these courses would really be! The two classes I was in, were very different. In History 1120 my horizons were really expanded, Tracy was able to push us all to become motivated learners about history, and even though I had already found a love for history, it really worked. My passion for history has become even bigger and I have decided that history is something I want to do for the rest of my life.